Aging Skin Causes: How the Environment Can Impact Your Skin
While skin aging is inevitable, many factors can accelerate the aging process. Thankfully, if you are aware of the causes, there are steps you can take to prevent skin aging.
The most common cause of skin aging are environmental aggressors. Environmental aggressors are skin irritants that are present in our everyday environments.
Common Environmental Aggressors That Are Harmful to Your Skin Include:
Do Antioxidants Protect Against Aging Skin Causes?
While you cannot always avoid environmental aggressors, you can protect your skin from them. Antioxidants are essential for healthy skin and preventing premature skin aging. Furthermore, they protect the skin from free radicals which form as a result of environmental aggressors.
You can find antioxidants in foods, such as blueberries, dark chocolate, spinach, and nuts. However, unfortunately, this isn’t enough to provide complete protection against free radicals.
Antioxidant supplementation is an effective way to strengthen the skin and protect it from free radicals. Osmosis Elevate capsules are a popular anti-aging supplement that provide antioxidant protection. The capsules include several potent antioxidants such as riboflavin, niacin, and co-enzyme Q10, to deliver ultimate anti-aging protection.
As well as supplementation, you should incorporate an antioxidant-based product in your skincare routine. A great example of this is the Codex Beauty Antu Brightening Serum. Packed with antioxidants, it brightens the skin. What’s more, it’s clinically proven to protect from pollution and premature aging.
How Can I Stop My Skin From Aging? The Best Anti Aging Secrets:
- SPF: Wearing sunscreen of at least factor 30 is vital to prevent wrinkles and age spots. Regular use of SPF will significantly reduce skin aging. As well as this, it will protect you from skin cancer.
- Cleansing your skin every night: Always ensure you cleanse your skin in the evenings. It is crucial to thoroughly cleanse in the evening as this washes away dirt, sunscreen, makeup, and oil. By not doing so, you can clog your pores, create breakouts, and increase fine lines.
- Drinking lots of water: Consuming lots of water daily is a beneficial way to maintain skin hydration and elasticity. If you drink substantial amounts of water, you are less likely to experience fine lines and wrinkles.
- Blue light shields: These can be put on your phone or laptop to minimise blue light damage. What’s more, these shields will improve your sleep (which promotes younger skin).
- Anti-aging skincare products: Adding protective and nourishing products into your skincare routine will decrease skin aging. Look for products that protect the skin barrier, and include age-defying ingredients such as antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, and ceramides. Avoid harsh products that strip the skin’s moisture or cause irritation.
What Are the Best Anti Aging Treatments?
Recently, there has been a surge in popularity for non-invasive and non-surgical facial treatments. Anti-aging treatments are an effective way to address signs of aging and repair the skin barrier.
At Dermoi, we offer bespoke facial treatments specifically tailored to your skin, that target anti-aging. The treatments combine galvanic technology, vibrational massage, ultrasound stimulation, and LED light therapy to combat aging.
The Osmosis facial treatments use products from Osmosis Beauty to infuse the skin with essential vitamins and deeply rejuvenate. It is essentially a non-acid facial peel. On the other hand, the PCA facial treatments utilise PCA Skin formulations to gently peel and resurface the skin.
Both treatments plump and firm the skin, and address all signs of skin aging.
What Age Should I Start Using Anti Aging Skincare Products?
According to skincare professionals, your mid twenties is the right age to start implementing anti-aging products into your skincare routine. This is because at this age the skin begins to naturally age and lose collagen. However, anti aging products are beneficial to people of all ages, and they really can make a difference!
To achieve your best skin, make sure to look after it on the inside too. A healthy lifestyle combined with the right skin care products can work wonders.
Author: Georgie Falcone
- March B. The Real Effects of Blue Light on Skin [Internet]. Harper’s BAZAAR. 2022. Available from: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/beauty/skincare/a22113765/blue-light-skin-damage-advice/